The organizers of the Wairoa Maori Film Festival have announced that the festival is accepting films for the 2016 edition.
This year the Wairoa Maori Film Festival (WMFF) will take place from the 3rd until the 6th of June, in the city Nuhaka (New Zealand). The festival founded in 2005 focuses on Maori – made and Māori-themed film works, with a diverse international indigenous selection of film works alongside, and a particular focus on the Pacific / Polynesia.
(See the full terms and conditions HERE)
– Wairoa Maori Film Festival requires a screener of the film entry (DVD, Blu Ray, or File in h264 or MP4 format) for consideration of entry. Online screeners qualify, but online screeners whose links change or are removed are automatically not open to consideration for entry, as the film work is no longer able to be previewed.
– Wairoa Maori Film Festival requires completed film works. Films that still require final edits, sound mix, colour gradation or any other technical completion processes are automatically not open to consideration for entry.
– Wairoa Maori Film Festival does not accept films into entry that are already available for viewing publicly online. Such works are automatically not open to consideration for entry.
– Wairoa Maori Film Festival requires a signed original or digital scan of the Official Entry Form for each specific year. Films received without completed entry form are automatically not open to consideration for entry.
– Submissions have to be done via Film Freeway webpage. You can see the film festival page HERE.
– Films in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
Deadline for submission:
February 6, 2016
For more information please contact the festival at maorimovies(at)gmail.com or visit their website at http://www.kiaora.tv
Categories: Film Festival
Leave a Reply