The New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival (Japan) is accepting animated short films until June 30 2023, and animated feature films until July 31, 2023.
About the festival:
The New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival is an animation festival dedicated to animated films held at the terminal building of New Chitose Airport (Hokkaido, Japan), which connects Hokkaido with the rest of the world.
The festival not only attracts attention as one of the few film festivals in the world where all screenings, lodgings, and stays are completed at the airport but also boasts the largest number of entries in the competition section in Japan. The festival also offers a multifaceted program introducing animation, including lectures by Japanese and foreign creators and exhibitions in public spaces. It has now grown into one of Japan’s top animation film festivals.
– Films submitted must be animated films.
– Short Films should not exceed the 30-minute mark. And Feature Films must have more than 40 minutes.
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2021.
– 360/VR Works are accepted for submission.
– Films with languages other than Japanese or English must have English subtitles at the time of submission. For films with Japanese, English subtitles must be provided if they pass the primary selection.
– The director or the producer of the film or the entrant must hold the right to screen the film submitted, and all rights to screen the work during the festival must have been secured.
– Entrants must obtain permission from rights holders for the music, existing characters and all other elements used in their films before submission. The festival office assumes no responsibility for copyright violations, compensation for damage or other claims from third parties.
– Films that have previously been submitted to the past editions of the festival will not be accepted.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Short Films – June 30, 2023
* Feature Films – July 20, 2023
– Notification Date: September 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://airport-anifes.jp/en/competition/short/
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/NewChitoseAirportInternationalAnimationFestival
We remind readers that the 10th New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival will take place from November 2 – 6, 2023 in New Chitose Airport, Hokkaido, Japan.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply