Dear Asian filmmakers, the Chicago South Asian Film Festival is accepting films until July 20, 2023. *For South Asian Films*
About the festival:
Founded in 2010, the Chicago South Asian Film Festival is the largest annual South Asian event in the heartland of America. #CSAFFestival is organized by the Chicago South Asian Arts Council Inc., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is dedicated to enhancing diversity in Chicagoland through international cinema, conversation and culture. With premiere films, panel discussions, speaker series, workshops, film awards, dazzling receptions, after parties and networking events – they celebrate international cinema in the warm and personable style that is unique to Chicago.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 30 minutes), short films (below 30 minutes), feature documentaries (over 30 minutes), short documentaries (below 30 minutes) and episodic contents (short-form or long-form but should have at least 5 episodes).
– All Films submitted must have been completed within 2 years of festival date.
– All Films must present South Asian content, topics, themes or have South Asian heritage within the team (Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Composer, Actor). This clause is not applicable to International and Chicago Student Filmmakers. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Iran and Tibet are included in the classification of ‘South Asian’.
– Films that contain non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles.
– All films submissions must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 10, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/CSAFFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 14th Chicago South Asian Film Festival will take place from September 21 – 24, 2023 in Chicago, IL, USA.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply