The Beijing Queer Film Festival (China) is accepting films until August 1, 2023.
About the festival:
Established in 2001, the Beijing Queer Film Festival is the first grassroots film festival in China focusing on independent queer film screenings and cultural exchange activities. Beijing Queer aims to expand public discussions on sexuality and gender by giving a platform to diverse LGBTQ+ voices from China and beyond. Despite a complicated social environment, we have thrived year after year, thanks to the help and solidarity of our community and supporters.
– The festival accepts LGBTQIA-themed films.
– The festival accepts feature and short films of all type of genres (fiction, documentary, animation, experimental, hybrid, etc.)
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2022.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Filmmakers based in Ukraine or countries where LGBTQ expressions and relationships are punished by imprisonment or worse will have fee waivers. To request a waiver please send an email to beijingqueer(at)gmail.com
– Submission Fee: $ 5 USD
– Deadline: August 1, 2023
– Notification Date: October 15, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/BeijingQueerFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the Beijing Queer Film Festival will take place from October 27 until November 5, 2023 in Beijing, China.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply