Dear Asian filmmakers, the Stockholm International Film Festival (Sweden) is accepting films until September 15, 2023.
About the festival:
Stockholm International Film Festival continues to explore and promote the great directors of tomorrow and is established as one of the leading film festivals in Europe. With a passion for visionary filmmaking, the festival keeps on pushing forward the boundaries of cinema.
Founded in 1990 by a group of film enthusiasts, Stockholm International Film Festival has evolved to become one of the major annual cultural events in Sweden.
*Note: This article will only display information on sections or categories where Asian filmmakers can submit their films. For more information about the festival please visit their official website: https://www.stockholmfilmfestival.se/en *
– Stockholm Competition: Open to directors making their first, second or third dramatic feature.
– Stockholm Documentary Competition: Personal and original documentaries from around the world in competition for the Bronze Horse.
– Open Zone: The most influential directors in world cinema are contenders for the FIPRESCI award.
– Icons: A showcase of major performances by the leading actors and actresses in current cinema.
– Discovery: Powerful and diverse stories from debut directors.
– American Independents: The United States of America through the eyes of its most independent filmmakers.
– Twilight Zone: Mind-bending genre films suited for the darkest hours.
– Stockholm Short Film Competition: Edgy shorts from across the globe in competition.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 72 minutes) both fiction and documentary, and short films (under 30 minutes).
– The festival prefer that all feature films presented are at minimum, Nordic Premieres (i.e Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland).
– If a film has had its world premiere prior to November 20th, 2022 it is not eligible for submission.
– The film shall not have been broadcasted, publicly screened, screened at any festival in Sweden or made available to the public as VOD, SVOD or in any other way.
– Submissions must be made via FIlmFreeway.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: October 9, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/StockholmFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 34th Stockholm International Film Festival will take place from November 8 – 19, 2023 in Stockholm, Sweden.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply