Dear Asian filmmakers, the DIVERCINE International Children’s Film Festival (Uruguay) is accepting films until April 2, 2023.
About the festival:
DIVERCINE is an annual festival that aims to bring children closer to a diverse selection of audiovisual content from around the world. Through the screening of high quality films and programmes, and the delivery of workshops and activities designed for children who want to explore the audiovisual medium, DIVERCINE aims to inspire and empower the children of Uruguay.
DIVERCINE also aims to promote best practices and knowledge associated with the production of quality content for children through the development of training activities for film, TV professionals, and educators in Uruguay.
– The festival is open to feature films, short films and TV programmes and web series aimed at 4-12 year olds.
– Feature films must have a maximum running time of 90 (ninety) minutes. There is no minimum or maximum running time for short films, medium-length films, TV programmes or web series.
– Films should have been produced after January 1, 2021.
– Submitted titles must not have been previously released in Uruguay.
– When submitting an entry, the person responsible for the submission must specify the age range of the film or programme’s target audience. DIVERCINE’s submissions form will offer three different age groups to choose from: 4-6 year olds, 7-9 year olds, or 10-12 year olds.
– Entries aimed at children aged 4-6 years old and 7-9 years old must meet one of the following conditions: either have Spanish as its original language, or must be dubbed into Spanish, or must not contain dialogue. Subtitled entries aimed at children aged 4-9 years old will not be accepted.
– Entries aimed at children aged 10-12 years old may have Spanish subtitles. Entries that have Spanish as its original language, or have been dubbed into Spanish or do not have any dialogue are also welcome.
– DIVERCINE will not accept entries that: have been produced for purely curricular or formal learning purposes. violate or incite disrespect towards the rights established in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. contain product advertisements or product and brand placements for advertising purposes.
– Submission Fee: Free
– Deadline: April 2, 2023
– Notification Date: June 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://files.cargocollective.com/c1726950/BASES-2023_ENG.pdf
To submit to the festival please visit: Online Google Form
We remind readers that the 32nd DIVERCINE International Children’s Film Festival will take place from August 1 – 31, 2023 in Montevideo, Uruguay.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply