The Skip City International D-Cinema Festival (Japan) is accepting films until March 1, 2023.
About the festival:
Since the festival’s inception in 2004, the competition categories have been set up to discover and nurture the next generation of filmmakers. We look for high quality and innovative films exploring new possibilities for digital expression and accept feature length submissions from all over the world in the International Competition, and feature length and short length films in the Japanese Film Competition. After the pre-selection process, the nominees are selected and screened during the festival. Through the jury process, the awards are given to the filmmakers at the closing ceremony. In the last edition, 935 films were submitted from over 99 countries and regions.
– Must be director’s 1st, 2nd, or 3rd feature length film including documentaries and animations. (If the submitted film is a director’s 4th feature, the film is not qualified for the competition.)
– All submissions must be shot digitally and able to be projected in digital format. (If your film is nominated, digital screening material with English subtitles or original language in English will be required.)
– Running time must be 60 minutes or longer.
– Production must be completed after January 1st, 2022.
– Japan Premiere at minimum is required.
– Films cannot be released commercially in Japan prior to the closing date of the Festival.
– Entries submitted once before are not eligible.
– Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
* Japanese Film Competition (Feature and Short Films)
– Accepts feature (over 60 minutes) and short films (between 15 and 60 minutes).
– The regulation of these categories can be found here: https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/apps/ (In Japanese)
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: March 1, 2023
– Notification Date: May 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/en/agreement.html
International filmmakers/producers must submit their work via FilmFreeway: https://filmfreeway.com/SKIPCITYINTERNATIONALD-CinemaFESTIVAL
Japanese filmmakers/producers must submit their works via SkipCity APP: https://www.skipcity-dcf.jp/apps/
We remind readers that the 20th Skip City International D-Cinema Festival will take place from July 15 – 23, Kawaguchi, Saitama, Japan.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply