Dear Asian filmmakers, the Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival is accepting documentaries until June 15, 2023.
About the festival:
The Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival is the longest running non-fiction festival in North America. HSDFF offers multiple awards categories, and is a designated Academy-Award© -qualifying festival for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Documentary Short Subject.
HSDFF, a 9-day all-pedestrian festival, makes its home in one of the most unique vacation destinations of the American South, the Historic Spa City of Hot Springs, Arkansas, with all screenings and parties held within easy walking distance. Each October, the city comes alive as film-lovers and filmmakers gather to immerse themselves in over 100 of the best international features and shorts the documentary world has to offer, and to attend unforgettable events
– The festival accepts feature documentaries (over 40 minutes), short documentaries (below 40 minutes), and episodic series.
– Feature and short documentary films completed after September, 1 2022.
– Films that are available on VOD or a streaming platform may not be eligible for competition at the festival. HSDFF will decide on a case by case basis about competition status.
– Feature length films that have been released theatrically or broadcast on television nationally prior to the festival will be considered for non-competitive sections only under special circumstances determined by the festival.
– Competition is open to US and International Entries.
– Films not in English must be subtitled with English subtitles.
– Entry fees are non-refundable.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 18, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/HotSpringsDocumentaryFilmFestival (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 32nd Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival will take place from October 6 – 14, 2023 in Hot Springs, AR, United States.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply