Dear Asian filmmakers, the DocLisboa International Film Festival (Portugal) is accepting documentaries until May 31, 2023.
About the festival:
Doclisboa seeks to imagine reality through new cinematic forms of perception, reflection and action, placing filmmaking into dialogue with its history to question the present of cinema.
Doclisboa is interested in films that are rigorous about their conceptual and formal implications; films that experiment with cinema’s artistic and political possibilities and refuse to be categorized; films that engage with and mirror the complexity of the world.
Eligibility (International Films):
– The Selection Committee is looking for films with cinematographic qualities bringing forth, as a whole, the point of view of their authors.
– The festival accepts short and feature documentaries.
– Films must have been produced after September 1, 2022
– Only films never before screened in Portugal – in cinemas or other theatrical venues, TV channels or through streaming – are eligible for the competitive sections. World Premieres (films never before screened), International Premieres (films which have only been screened in their production countries) and European Premieres (films which have never been screened in Europe) are preferred.
– Films submitted to previous editions of the festival, which were not selected, won’t be considered.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 19, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/doclisboa (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 21st DocLisboa International Film Festival will take place from October 19 – 29, 2023 in Lisbon, Portugal.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry