Dear Asian filmmakers, the St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival (Canada) is accepting short films until June 5, and feature films until June 19, 2023.
About the festival:
St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival (SJIWFF) is Canada’s longest-running women’s film festival. Established in 1989 with a bold vision of supporting and promoting women’s creative work in local and international screen-based industries, SJIWFF has grown in submissions and accolades for over three decades. A respected leader in the Canadian film circuit and movement for gender equity in the sector, SJIWFF brings critical artist development and creative vitality to Newfoundland and Labrador.
– Films must have been directed and/or written by a woman or gender-diverse filmmaker to qualify.
– The festival accepts short and feature films from all kinds of genres (narrative, documentary, animation, and experimental).
– Short Films should not exceed the 30-minute mark (including credits).
– Feature films should exceed the 75-minute mark.
– Priority will be given to films that have been produced after June 1, 2022.
– Each submitted film must include an English language track or English language subtitle.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: Official Online PDF
To submit to the festival please visit: https://filmfreeway.com/womensfilmfestival
We remind readers that the 34th St. John’s International Women’s Film Festival will take place from October 18 – 22, 2023 in St. John’s, NL, Canada
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry