Dear Asian filmmakers, the Ji-hlava International Documentary Film Festival (Czech Republic) is accepting finished documentaries until April 30, and rough cuts and films with World Premiere until June 30, 2023.
About the festival:
The Ji.hlava International Documentary Film Festival is a significant European festival featuring artistic and critically reflective documentary work.
– Opus Bonum: an international competition section for medium-length and feature-length documentary films from all around the world.
– Fascinations – an international competition for the best experimental film under 30 minutes long.
– Short Joy – an international competition for documentary films under 30 minutes.
– Testimonies – on politics, nature and knowledge – an international competition for the best documentary film featuring political and historical implications, ecology, and environmental issues, or the best documentary film that pushes the boundaries of the scientific documentary drama.
– Virtual Reality – an international competition of 360° films, immersive installations and interactive projects that explore real life, history or social situations.
– The festival accepts documentaries (both traditional and experimental), animated films or hybrid projects, TV and film formats based on real life, VR projects, docs and educational computer games, interactive web docs projects.
– Every submission must be accompanied with a properly completed submission form.
– Films submitted for preview that are not in English or in Czech or Slovak must include English subtitles.
– For the Opus Bonum, Fascinations, and Short Joy competition a world, international or European premiere is essential.
– For the Testimonies section a Czech festival premiere is required.
– Submission Fee: 25 Euros for all categories
* Docs completed in 2022 – February 28, 2023
* Docs completed in 2023 and premiere before April 30, 2023 – April 30, 2023
* Rough cuts and films with World Premiere – June 30, 2023 (Rough cuts should be completed by August 2023).
– Notification Date: September 1, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.ji-hlava.com/media/editor/soubory/downloads/2023/film-submissions/Guidelines-and-Conditions-Ji-hl.docx.pdf
To submit to the festival please visit: https://vp.eventival.com/jidff/2023/film-form/entry-form-2023_2
We remind readers that the 27th Ji-hlava International Documentary Film Festival will take place from October 24 – 29, 2023 in Jihlava, Czech Republic.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply