Dear Asian filmmakers, the Encounters Film Festival (UK) is accepting short films until May 29, 2023.
About the festival:
Encounters Film Festival stages one of the world’s leading international competitions for short films. The International Competition is an official gateway to the world’s most prestigious awards: The Academy Awards, BAFTAs, and the European Film Awards.
Their mission is to provide an international platform for new and emerging talent in filmmaking. For over a quarter of a century, Encounters Film Festival has welcomed guests from around the world, connecting filmmakers with the wider industry, their wonderful audiences and, of course, each other.
Eligibility (International Films):
– The festival is open to short films of all production techniques, including animation, documentary, experimental or artists’ films and hybrid work from low to high budgets.
– Films must have been completed after January 1, 2023.
– Films should not exceed the 40-minute mark.
– There is no Premiere status requirement.
– Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway (see link below).
– Films previously submitted for competition to past editions of the festival are not eligible for re-submission unless withdrawn prior to the programme announcement or at the festival’s discretion.
– All submissions are final and there are no refunds
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: August 14, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/EncountersFilmFestival (This is the submission link also)
We remind readers that the Encounters Film Festival will take place from September 26 until October 1, 2023 in Bristol, UK.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry