Dear Asian filmmakers, the DC South Asian Film Festival (United States) is accepting films until August 31, 2023. *Only films from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, and Sri Lanka*
About the festival:
The Washington DC South Asian Film Festival (DCSAFF) is a 501 (c) (3) Not for Profit Organization and is one of the most celebrated screen events on the Washington, D.C. cultural calendar. The festival takes place annually in the heart of America’s capitol, showcasing the best in alternative cinema from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, and Sri Lanka.
– Films must be from the South Asian Diaspora with a unique voice, message and creative appeal.
– Films must feature the work of filmmakers of South Asian descent living inside or outside the subcontinent
– Films made by Non-South Asian filmmakers must feature significant South Asian content.
– Films must have completed post production by August 2023.
– The festival accepts feature films (with a maximum duration of 140 minutes), short films (under 30 minutes), Smart Phone short films (under 12 minutes), and documentary (under 60 minutes).
– Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
– The festival gives priority to North American Premieres.
– Films that are available on Amazon Prime, Netflix, Apple TV, YouTube or any other online platform will not be accepted.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DCSouthAsianFilmFestival (This is the submission link also)
We remind readers that the 12th DC South Asian Film Festival will take place from November 3 – 27, 2023.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.