Dear Asian filmmakers, the CINEFANTASY International Fantastic Film Festival is accepting films until April 30, 2023.
About the festival:
CINEFANTASY is the main avant-garde festival of Fantastic Cinema in Brazil, a founding member of FANTLATAM – Latin American Alliance of Fantastic Film Festivals and ABRAFAN – Brazilian Association of Fantastic Film Festivals.
CINEFANTASY was born in 2004, at a time when there were no festivals dedicated to fantastic genre cinema in Brazil, and held its first edition after raising awareness and building a partnership with the public sector, showing the importance of genre cinema by showing films in commented sessions in the most diverse outskirts of the city of São Paulo and in the metropolitan region of the capital.
– Films must be a fantastic production * (horror, science fiction or fantasy), which may be from the fiction, animation or documentary category, whether in terms of narrative content or the language and way of narrating with fantastic genre tools. Definition of fantastic film: stories that have supernatural elements, that are not real or produce doubts as to their nature, or that tangency issues of ancestry, spirituality and other cosmologies, folklores and origin myths and cosmogonies of native peoples, such as indigenous peoples and quilombolas.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 60 minutes) and short films (under 20 minutes).
– Films must have been produced after January 2022.
– Films must be Sao Pablo Premiere
– There is no limit to the number of films that can be submitted by Directors, Producers and/or Distributors.
– Foreign language films must be subtitled in Portuguese, English or Spanish.
– Submission must be made via FilmFreeway (see link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 31, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/CinefantasyIFFF (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 15th CINEFANTASY International Fantastic Film Festival will take place from September 15 – 23, 2023 in Sao Pablo, Brazil.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry