Dear Asian filmmakers, the Japan Film Festival Los Angeles (USA) is accepting films until April 16, 2023.
About the festival:
The Japan Film Festival – Los Angeles started in 2003 as the Chanoma Film Festival. The festival has been a vanguard event dedicated to strengthening the general understanding of Japanese culture and traditions among American and Japanese audiences in Los Angeles.
This festival was originally created on the theme of “Chanoma”–the gathering place of a Japanese home(living room)–and showcased heartwarming films portraying the everyday life of a Japanese family. In 2008, in order to introduce Japanese films to a broader American audience and offer Japanese filmmakers inroads into the US market, the name of the festival was changed to “Japan Film Festival Los Angeles (JFFLA)”.
– The festival accepts short (5 – 30 minutes), medium (31 – 60 minutes) and feature length movies (61 – 120 minutes).
– Films that are submitted with a Japanese director, writer and/or producer are not required for the theme to be related to Japan.
– Films that are submitted with non-Japanese directors, writers, and/or producers are required to be related to Japan (shooting locations, concept, culture, tradition, etc.), or the leading actors (or multiple actors in supporting roles) must be Japanese.
– There is no restrictions on the year of production or the Premiere status.
– It is the submitter’s responsibility to ensure that rights for all images and music used in the film have been cleared.
– Selected films are required to have English subtitles whenever the dialogue is not in English.
– It is acceptable for the film to have been previously screened or released.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: May 14, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://jffla.org/
We remind readers that the 18th Japan Film Festival Los Angeles will take place in cinemas and online from September 1 – 17, 2023.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply