The CAAMFest (USA) is accepting feature and short films until December 15, 2022. *Films must be made by or be about Asian and Pacific Islanders*
About the festival:
CAAMFest (presented by the Center for Asian American Media) is one of the nation’s largest and enduring showcases for Asian and Asian American films. Since 1982, the annual festival has been an important launching point for Asian American independent filmmakers as well as a vital source for new Asian cinema.
– Films must be made by Asian and Pacific Islanders (in principal creative roles) and/or is about the Asian and Pacific Islander experience in the United States and around the world.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 41 minutes) and short films (under 40 minutes).
– The festival accepts all kind of genres (fiction, documentary, experimental, and animation).
– CAAMFest will consider films that are rough cuts or works-in-progress as long as the work is completed by March 1, 2023.
– Films should be at least Bay Area Premiere.
– All submissions must be digital, they don’t accept DVDs or hard copies.
– All non-English language films with dialogue must have English subtitles.
– English language films with subtitles are appreciated, but not required.
– CAAMFest offers fee waivers on a case-by-case basis. Please reach out to our team for more information at festival(at)caamedia.org
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
* Earlybird Deadline – November 3, 2022 | $ 35 USD
* Normal Deadline – December 1, 2022 | $ 40 USD
* Late Deadline – December 15, 2022 | $ 45 USD
– Notification Date: April 14, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/CAAMFest
We remind readers that the 41st CAAMFest will take place from May 11 – 21, 2023 in San Francisco, California (USA).
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry