The Piling Obrang Vidyo XIX (Philippines) is accepting short films until December 19, 2022. *Only for Filipinos undergraduate students*
About the industry:
Piling Obrang Vidyo (POV) is an annual film competition and exhibition open to all bona fide collegiate students. Since 2004, it has been home for a lot of student filmmakers to declare their voice and space in the field of visual storytelling. Apart from exhibiting their films on the big screen, the works of the finalists would be critiqued and awarded by a roster of esteemed individuals in the Philippine film industry.
– The festival is open to all Filipino undergraduate students and senior high school students.
– The filmmakers must be enrolled students during the creation of the film.
– Film entries should be under the categories of either narrative, experimental, or documentary.
– Film entries must have been produced within the period of January 2022 to December 2022.
– Film entries shall not exceed a total running time of twenty (20) minutes, inclusive of credit titles.
– Film entries must include English subtitles.
– Film entries that have been exhibited in other competitions can still be submitted as long as they have not been commercially exhibited in any theater, television, or streaming platform.
– Film entries with cast or crew members who are resident or nonresident members of UP Cinema will immediately be disqualified.
– The filmmakers can submit a maximum of two (2) film entries in separate and individual submissions given that they are of different genres.
What you need to submit:
– Proof of enrollment (copy of registration/enrollment form, transcript of records, school ID, etc.) of the representative (director or producer).
– A consent form signed by the guardians (for minors): https://tinyurl.com/POVXIXGuardianConsentForm
– A Google Drive folder containing the following:
1) Copy of film (.MP4 or .MOV format at least 1080 HD resolution)
2) Teaser or Trailer of film (maximum of 60 seconds)
3) Cast and crew personal details (.pdf format)
4) Film poster (8.5” x 11” in .jpeg or .png format)
5) 3-5 photo stills (.jpeg or .png format)
FOLDER NAME: TITLE_POVXIXSUBMISSION
FILE NAME FORMAT
● TITLE_FILM (.mp4 / .mov)
● TITLE_TEASER (.mp4 / .mov)
● TITLE_CASTCREW (.pdf)
● TITLE_POSTER (.jpeg / .png)
● TITLE_STILL_NUMBER (.jpeg / .png)
A registration fee of one hundred and fifty pesos (Php 150) per film entry submission is to be paid to one of the following accounts:
● GCash: 09165799536 (Mikayla Andrea Leanne M.)
● BDO: 008410149015 (Kyla Mae Fritzie Marcelo)
● Landbank: 3076121442 (Rona May Bawa)
Deadline: December 19, 2022 (11:59 PM)
Notification Date: February 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://tinyurl.com/POVXIXGuidelinesAndMechanics
To submit the festival please visit: http://tinyurl.com/POVXIXRegistrationForm
We remind readers that the Piling Obrang Vidyo XIX will take place on March 2023 online and at UPFI Film Center – Cine Adarna, Quezon City, Philippines.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry