Dear Asian filmmakers, the Melbourne International Film Festival (Australia) is accepting short and feature films until February 14th, 2023.
About the festival:
Established in 1952, the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is one of the world’s oldest film festivals and the Southern Hemisphere’s largest. The Festival has a large, dedicated and growing audience with a well-established public profile as a major event on the Australian calendar.
General Rules (International filmmakers):
– Films must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
– The festival accepts short films (under 40 minutes) and feature films (over 40 minutes).
– Films must not have been (or will not be) broadcast on television or publicly screened, distributed or exhibited in a physical location within the state of Victoria, Australia, prior to 21 August 2023. The only exceptions to this requirement are for private screenings held for cast, crew or investors, and film-school graduation screenings.
– Films must not have been (or will not be) available commercially online and accessible from the state of Victoria, Australia, either for free or via on-demand services prior to 21 August 2023. Screenings as part of a digital or online festival are permitted if the festival is for a limited run and geoblocked such that access by Australian viewers is prohibited.
– The festival only accepts online screeners.
– Films must be in their original language; if the original language is not English, subtitles in English must be provided.
– If a film has previously been submitted to MIFF, it is not eligible for submission to the 2023 Festival. This also applies to WIPs that have previously been submitted, even with significant changes.
– The festival does not offer fee waivers.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: June 30, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here: https://miff.com.au/about/submissions/submission-regulations
We remind readers that the 71st Melbourne International Film Festival will take place from August 3 – 20, 2023 in Melbourne, Australia.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry