Dear Asian filmmakers, the DOXA Documentary Film Festival (Canada) is accepting documentaries until January 6, 2023.
About the festival:
DOXA is Western Canada’s largest documentary film festival, presented by The Documentary Media Society, a non-profit, charitable society devoted to presenting independent and innovative documentaries to Vancouver audiences.
The society exists to educate the public about documentary film as an art form through DOXA Documentary Film Festival, a curated and juried festival comprised of public screenings, panel discussions, industry forums and educational programs.
– The festival accepts short and feature documentaries.
– More weight is given to projects which do not take a conventional journalistic or commercial approach.
– Films must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
– Films with Vancouver Premiere will be prioritized.
– The festival only accepts online screeners.
– Rough cuts are eligible ONLY IF final cuts will be available by March 13, 2023.
– Work produced in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Fee waivers are available for Indigenous filmmakers. Please email submissions [at] doxafestival.ca for more information.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 4, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DOXAFestival
We remind readers that the 22nd DOXA Documentary Film Festival will take place from May 4 – 14, 2023 in Vancouver, Canada.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry