Dear Asian filmmakers, the DokuFest International Documentary and Short Film Festival (Kosovo) is accepting short films and documentaries until May 10, 2023.
About the festival:
DokuFest, International Documentary and Short Film Festival, is the largest film festival in Kosovo. Recognized as one of the top film and music event in SouthEast Europe, DokuFest is an EFA nominating festival for short films, as well as a BAFTA qualifying festival for shorts. In August it fills the cinemas and improvised screening venues around historic city center of Prizren with a selection of more than 200 hand picked films from around the world, while at the same time bringing top international and local music acts to perform at DokuNights, its popular music strand. Documentary photo exhibitions, debates, master classes and lively atmosphere in the city all add to the charm of the festival, making it a must attend event at this part of the world.
– The festival accepts short and feature length documentaries as well as to fiction, animation and experimental films.
– Films must have been produced after January 1, 2022.
– Fiction shorts should not exceed the 30 minute mark, and short documentaries should not exceed the 45 minute mark. There is no limitation in length for feature documentaries.
– Films that promote racism, or any other form of intolerance, or those that promote pornography, shall not be taken into consideration.
– Films can be submitted exclusively through online submission platform FilmFreeway. (See link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 4, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DokuFest
We remind readers that the 22nd DokuFest International Documentary and Short Film Festival will take place from August 4 – 12, 2023 in Prizren, Kosovo.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply