Dear Asian filmmakers, the Sydney Film Festival (Autralia) is accepting feature and short films until February 24, 2023.
About the festival:
Since its inception in 1954, the Sydney Film Festival (SFF), recognised by the Federation Internationale des Associations de Producteurs de Films (FIAPF), has increased in size and reputation to become a leading international film festival in Australia. The festival takes place each June at venues across Sydney. The SFF program celebrates the best of world cinema, screening features, documentaries, short films, retrospectives and a series of industry and public talks. In June 2022, just over 200 productions from over 60 countries were selected for the festival, attracting an audience of over 100,000.
Important: Films may only submit to the 2023 Official Competition by invitation from the SFF. You may submit your film to other categories if you were not invited:
– International Features (Fiction and Documentary, over 40 minutes)
– First Nations Program. We encourage submissions (features, documentaries and shorts) to the festival from First Nations filmmakers from around the world.
– FLUX: Art+Film International Shorts (under 15 minutes)
– Freak Me Out International Shorts (under 15 minutes)
– Family International Shorts (under 15 minutes)
Eligibility (for international films):
– The festival accepts short films under 15 minutes in length, and feature films (fictions and documentaries) over 40 minutes in length.
– Films must have been completed after February 25, 2022. SFF reserves the right to make exceptions, by invitation only.
– Feature Films submitted must have at least NSW Premiere. Meaning the film has not been screened in the State of New South Wales (includes Sydney) to a public audience, of any size.
– Short Films submitted must have Sydney Premiere.
– Works that are solely promotional, educational, or scientific in nature, including music videos, are not eligible for selection for the SFF.
– Entries must be in English or with English subtitles.
– Submission Fees:
* First Nations Program (Indigenous director) – FREE
* International Features (over 40 minutes) – $ 65.27 USD | $ 58.74 USD**
* International Shorts (below 15 minutes) – $ 37 USD | $ 34.01 USD**
**For Film Freeway Gold Members
– Deadline: February 24, 2023
– Notification Date: May 1, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://www.sff.org.au/info/submissions/
We remind readers that the 70th Sydney Film Festival will take place from June 7 – 18, 2023 in Sydney, Australia.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply