The UK Asian Film Festival (United Kingdom) is accepting films until December 16, 2022.
About the festival:
The UK Asian Film Festival (UKAFF) is the longest running South Asian film festival in the world produced by Tongues on Fire Limited. Founded in 1999 by Dr Pushpinder Chowdhry MBE and Mrs Harvinder Nath, UKAFF is internationally recognised for showcasing the work of acclaimed talent in cinema and award-winning filmmakers.
– Films must have a cultural connection to South Asia or involve South Asian talent in leading creative or production roles. Modern definitions of South Asia are consistent in including Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives as the constituent countries. We have occasionally programmed films from the Middle Eastern region including Dubai and Yemen.
– Entries are open to both UK and international filmmakers based outside the UK.
– Submissions are open from every genre – including drama, comedy, horror, sci-fi, documentary, animation, experimental work, music video etc. We are particularly excited by an artist’s filmmaking and moving image.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 60 minutes), documentaries (over 30 minutes) and short films (under 45 minutes).
– Films must have been completed after 1st January 2022.
– Films need to be at least UK premiere.
– Films publicly available online are not acceptable.
– Films must have English subtitles.
– Only entries received via FilmFreeway will be considered.
– Submission Fee: $ 35.01 USD (All categories)
– Deadline: December 16, 2022
– Notification Date: February 17, 2023
To submit to the festival and read the Rules & Regulations please follow the next link: https://filmfreeway.com/UKAsianFilmFestival
We remind readers that the next edition of the 25th UK Asian Film Festival will take place from May 4 – 14, 2022 in London, UK.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry