Dear Asian filmmakers, the Flickerfest International Film Festival (Australia) is accepting short films until October 10, 2022.
About the festival:
Flickerfest has grown to become Australia’s leading competitive International Short Film Festival celebrating masterful, creative and impactful storytelling and the most original voices from filmmakers across the globe. Flickerfest will screen in January 2023 under the stars over 10 days in the peak of the Australian summer at the iconic Bondi Beach with select highlights of the festival touring to 50+ venues Australia wide.
Flickerfest is an Academy® Award Qualifying and BAFTA Qualifying festival. Since 2003 Flickerfest has been a recognised festival by the Academy® of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. With four awards qualifying for consideration across our International, Australian and Documentary Competition categories.
For over 3 decades Flickerfest has welcomed filmmakers from at home and around the world to celebrate their films on the big screen with our passionate and loyal audiences. Our popular screenings, gala festival events and filmmaker workshops connect filmmakers with the wider industry and each other, creating an immersive and welcoming festival experience.
Note: We will only publish information about sections/categories where Asian filmmakers can submit.
– Short Films be no more than 35 minutes in length.
– Short Films must have been produced within 2 years of the entry closing date.
– The festival accepts fiction and documentaries.
– All films must be in English or have English subtitles.
– For International Films they should be at least Australian premiere.
– Following the festival, a small selection of highlights screened in the International and Australian competitions plus some in out-of-competition programmes will be toured around Australia. If your film is unable to tour it WILL remain eligible for competition. All touring films will be paid screening royalties.
– For screening short films should be in H264 or ProRes format.
– Submission Fee: $ 45 USD | $ 40,50 USD for FilmFreeway Gold Members
– Deadline: October 10, 2022
– Notification Date: December 9, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/flickerfest
We remind readers that the 32nd Flickerfest International Film Festival will take place from January 20 – 29, 2022.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply