Dear Asian filmmakers, the Ann Arbor Film Festival (United States) is accepting experimental films (narrative, documentary, and shorts) until September 30th, 2022.
About the festival:
The Ann Arbor Film Festival is the oldest experimental film festival in North America. Internationally renowned as a forum for artist-made moving image art, the AAFF screens a broad range of experimental work including animation, documentary, narrative, and hybrid films. The AAFF is steeped in a rich tradition of ground-breaking cinema as thousands of filmmakers screened early work at the AAFF, including luminaries such as Kenneth Anger, Agnes Varda, Andy Warhol, Yoko Ono, Gus Van Sant, Barbara Hammer, James Benning, Bruce Conner, Chick Strand, Les Blank, Suzan Pitt, and George Lucas.
The Ann Arbor Film Festival serves as an Academy Award®-qualifying festival in the United States for the Short Films category. The AAFF presents over $20,000 in cash awards to filmmakers in competition, as determined by the awards jury. The AAFF is highly competitive, receiving over 3,000 submissions annually from more than 60 countries. All submissions are reviewed by a minimum of 2 trained screeners, with many films watched and discussed collectively by 6 – 10 members of the festival screening team.
– Short (under 60 minutes) and feature-length (over 60 minutes) entries are accepted.
– Entries not in English should have English subtitles.
– Films should have been produced in the last 3 years.
– There is no Premiere status requirement.
– Films previously submitted may not be re-entered unless there has been a significant change to the edit.
– Works in progress may be submitted, but are juried in the same pool as all other submissions.
– Entry fees are non-refundable. The Ann Arbor Film Festival does not give waivers or discounts.
– Entries are accepted via secure online screening and 16mm only. We do not accept DVD, VHS or video data files for screening purposes.
– Submission Fee:
*Feature Films – $ 70 USD ($ 63 for FIlmFreeway Gold Members)
* Short Films – $ 60 USD ($ 54 for FIlmFreeway Gold Members)
– Deadline: September 30, 2022
– Notification Date: February 4, 2023
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/AAFilmFest
We remind readers that the 61st Ann Arbor Film Festival will take place from March 21 – 26, 2023.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry