The Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (Nepal) is accepting films until September 2, 2022.
About the festival:
Organized by Himal Association, KIMFF started as a non-competitive, biennial festival in 2000. A wide selection of films – alpine documentation, archival footage, adventure cinema, experimental shorts, commentaries, anthropological narratives, feature films, etc. – have been screened in the previous four festivals. These movies have dealt with issues regarding cultural practices, lifestyles, conflict, wildlife, mountain-climbing, environment, globalization, and gender, among many others.
– The films must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
– To ensure that the full range of mountain issues will be available to the participants and audience of kimff, no restrictions have been set in terms of discipline, genre, length, and format of the films.
– The entries can be documentaries, fulllength features, shorts, animation or experimental. Films can be on any theme including ethnography, adventure, investigative reportage, abstract, or personal narratives.
– Films once entered cannot be withdrawn.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: September 2, 2022
– Notification Date: October 16, 2022.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://kimff.org/submission-guidelines/
To submit to the festival please go to: https://kimff.org/kimff-22/
We remind readers that the 20th Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival will take place from December 8th – 12th, 2022 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
1 reply »