The New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival (Japan) is accepting animated short films until June 30 2022, and animated feature films until July 31, 2022.
About the festivals:
New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival is an animation festival dedicated to animated films held at the terminal building of New Chitose Airport (Hokkaido, Japan), which connects Hokkaido with the rest of the world.
Launched in 2014, the festival has been growing. In 2019 the year before COVID-19, it gathered about 43,000 attendees from all over the world, which was the highest number in the history of the festival. Last year, the festival took place in a hybrid format with online screenings that had more than 100,000 views.
The international competition, the main event of the festival, has received more than 2,000 films. Gathering attention from all around the world, now the festival is one of the most prestigious animation festivals in Japan.
– Feature Animated Films should exceed the 30-minute mark and must be completed in or after 2020.
– Short Animated Films should not exceed the 30-minute mark and must be completed in or after 2019. VR films, GIF animation, and digital motion comics and movie installation works are also accepted.
– The director or the producer of the film or the entrant must hold the right to screen the film submitted, and all rights to screen the work during the festival must have been secured.
– Films that have previously been submitted to the past editions of the festival will not be accepted.
– The festival gives cash awards.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadlines: June 30 2022 for Short Films | July 31, 2022 for Feature Films
– Notification Date: September 30, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/NewChitoseAirportInternationalAnimationFestival
We remind readers that the 9th New Chitose Airport International Animation Festival will take place onsite & online on November 3rd – 6th, 2022 in Sapporo, Japan.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry