The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival (Canada) is accepting films until June 28th, 2022. *Only for Asian Filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival® is a unique showcase of work from the Asian diaspora and contemporary Asian cinema. Works include films and videos by East, South and Southeast Asian filmmakers in Canada, the U.S., Asia and all over the world. As Canada’s largest Asian film festival, Reel Asian® provides a public forum for Asian media artists and their work, and fuels the growing appreciation for Asian cinema in Canada.
Founded in 1997 by producer Anita Lee and journalist Andrew Sun, this non-profit community-based festival has grown into an eagerly anticipated annual event that attracts thousands of attendees to ten exciting days of galas, screenings, forums, workshops and parties.
– Submissions should be from East/South/Southeast Asian/Asian North American or Asian diaspora artist in a major key creative role (behind the camera and/or on-screen).
– All type of genres are welcome: narrative, documentary, shorts, animations, experimental, etc.
– Eligible short films or video works submissions must have a maximum runtime of 40 minutes.
– For Feature Films the festival prioritizes works completed in the last two years. If you want to submit a film produced before 2020 please contact the festival.
– Re-submissions must have significant edits and changes.
– The festival gives Awards.
– Submissions must be via Film Freeway (link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
* For FilmFreeway Gold Members *
– Notification Date: October 4th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/reelasian
We remind readers that the 26th Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival will take place from November 9 – 20, 2022.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry