The Kaohsiung Film Festival (Taiwan) is accepting short films until June 15th, 2022.
About the festival:
The Kaohsiung Film Festival is a film festival held annually in Kaohsiung City, Taiwan. Established in 2001, the festival screens both locally produced and international films, in all genres and lengths. The festival also has an international competition section where it hands out awards for outstanding short films.
– To be eligible for the Asian New Wave Award, the film should be directed by Asian nationality holders or produced mainly in Asian countries (Russia and Belarus excluded).
– To be eligible for the Taiwan Section works should be directed by Taiwan nationality holders or produced in Taiwan.
– To be eligible for the Taiwan Student Award, the film should be completed while the director is enrolled in school.
– To be eligible for Children’s Jury Award, the film should be suitable for 9 to 12-year-old children.
– Films should be completed between June 1st 2021 and June 15th 2022.
– Works-in-progress will not be accepted.
– The festival accepts any type of film (fiction, documentary, experimental, animation, etc.).
– Films should be under 25 minutes, including all credits.
– Films already submitted to previous editions are not accepted, even in a new version or title.
– No premiere status is required.
– Films cannot be submitted to more than one section. Taiwanese productions can only be submitted to Taiwan Section. International co-productions with Taiwan can be applied to either International Section or Taiwan Section depending on the participants’ decision.
– Films should be submitted at the ShortFilmDepot ONLY (see link below).
– Submission Fee: FREE (1 stamp at ShortFIlmDepot)
– Deadline: June 15th, 2022
– Notification Date: August 31st, 2022
To read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: https://www.kff.tw/EN/shortfilm/Briefing#brief_01
To submit to the festival please go to: https://www.shortfilmdepot.com/en/home/festivals/details/id/61/festival/kaohsiung-film-festival
We remind readers that the 22nd Kaohsiung Film Festival will take place on October 2022 in the Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply