The Image Forum Festival (Japan) is accepting experimental films until May 9th, 2022. *Only for filmmakers from or residing in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea.*
About the festival:
The Image Forum Festival is a festival of moving image art that brings together for screening works with a high degree of expression, artistry, and creativity. We are seeking submissions from the East Asian region, including Japan, for works to be included in the East Asian Experimental Competition.
General Rules (East Asian Experimental Competition):
– Films must have been made after January 1st, 2021.
– There are no constraints on content or duration.
– The festival is limited to filmmakers who were born or currently reside in the following countries: Japan, China (Hong Kong, Macau), Taiwan, South Korea.
– There are no requirements concerning content, but they are looking for moving image works with a high degree of authorship, artistry, creativity, and experimentation.
– As a basic rule, please provide Japanese or English subtitles if your work includes a language other than Japanese or English.
– Works that have already been commercially screened, broadcast, sold or distributed on the Internet are ineligible for selection.
– There is no limit to the number of times a single individual can apply. But we ask that you fill out a separate application form for each work and record and submit each work on separate media.
– Festival gives Cash Awards.
– Submission Fee: ¥ 1000 Yens | $ 9 USD
– Deadlines: May 9th, 2022
– Notification Date: Early July, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: http://www.imageforumfestival.com/bosyu2022/yoko-en.html (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 36th Image Forum Festival will take place from September 19th – 25th, 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry