The Busan International Film Festival (Korea) is accepting Asian Short Films (until June 22nd) and Feature Films (until July 20th, 2022).
About the festival:
The Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) held annually in Haeundaegu, Busan (Korea) is one of the most important film festivals in Asia, together with the Hong Kong International Film Festival and the Tokyo International Film Festival. Since the first edition in 1996, the festival aim to introduce new films and first-time directors to the world. Another notable feature is the appeal of the festival to young people, both in terms of the large youthful audience it attracts and through its efforts to develop and promote young talent.
– The festival accepts Asian short films (less than 60 minutes – less than 30 minutes for competition) and feature films (60 minutes or more).
– The Festival accepts features, short films, documentaries, and animation.
– Non-Asian short films are not open to submission.
– The film must not be broadcasted on TV or available on the Internet prior to the Festival.
– IMPORTANT: The festival gives priority to World or International Premieres.
– The film must have been completed no earlier than October 2021 and should be completed no later than September 2022.
– Films previously submitted to the Festival but not selected will not be reconsidered.
– Submission Forms can be download from the website.
– Films in any language other than Korean or English must be provided with English subtitles.
– Should the film be selected, it must be available in either 35mm, DCP (D-Cinema), Sony HD, DigiBeta, or Betacam by early September 2022. However, DCP format is most flexible, while for other formats screening venues may be limited. No other formats, including DVD and Blu-ray, are compatible. In case of DCP (D-Cinema), the Festival only accepts content that is fully DCI (Digital Cinema Initiative) compliant. Additional information regarding the screening format may be requested by the Festival technicians. The Screening format must be confirmed on the Registration Form when submitted.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Asian Short Films – June 22nd, 2022 (18:00 pm KST)
* Feature Films – July 20th, 2022 (18:00 pm KST)
– Date of notification: End of August 2022
To read the full Rules and Regulations please visit: https://www.biff.kr/structure/addon/file/2022_Official_Submission_Rules_and_Regulations_eng.pdf
To submit to the film please visit: https://www.biff.kr/eng/addon/10000001/page.asp?page_num=4058
We remind readers that the 27th Busan International Film Festival will take place from October 5 – 14, 2022 in Busan, South Korea.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry