The Jecheon International Music & Film Festival (Korea) is accepting films until April 30th, 2021.
About the festival:
The Jecheon International Music & Film Festival (JIMFF) aims to be a celebration of both film and exhilarating music, shared and enjoyedby everyone of all generations. The Festival presents a series of programs that combine film and music including a section specifically for music, a program which introduces the various currents of contemporary music & cinema, and a number of live concerts staged outdoors on the shores of Cheongpung Lake and Uilimji. Jecheon International Music & Film Festival is presented by Jecheon International Music & Film Festival and hosted by the Jecheon International Music & Film Festival Executive Committee.
The festival has the following categories:
– World Music Film Today – International Competition
The official international competition section for the feature-length film (more than 60 mins), World Music Film Today introduces the latest films across all genres in which music plays a central role.
– Korean Music Film Now – Korean Competition
The official Korean competition section, Korean Music Film Now introduces the latest films in every kind and length, in which music plays a central role.
– World Music Film’s Landscape
A section that introduces films exploring the various music-genres and musicians, films in which music has been used crucially for the development of its narrative, films that show the universal life and the diverse cultures around the world through music.
– Korean Music Film’s Landscape
Korean Music Film’s Landscape introduces the latest Korean music films in various genres including narrative, documentaries and animated films.
– Special Presentation
A section to introduce the latest music films made by world-famous directors and great music films about the musicians who have had a great influence on the world music scene.
– Sound & Vision
A section created to encourage the films questioning ‘What is a film?’ while exploring the essence and the properties of images and sounds.
– Cinema Concert
A signature program of JIMFF, Cinema Concert represents the most primitive form of film music, while experiencing simultaneous screening and live music performance.
– Curator of the Year
A section where JIMFF invites filmmakers, directors and music directors who played important roles in the history of music and film, to select their own representative titles and the life-time music films that inspired their works.
– Special Focus: All about Korean Music Film
A long-term archive showcase project to represent the history of music films that remain as an unknown area in the Korean film history. JIMFF will discover, restore, and introduce Korean Music Film Classic that redefines the meaning of ‘music films’ and identifies the cultural and historical characteristics of Korean music films.
– Family Fest (TBD)
Featuring popular films that possess broad appeals across the generations, Family Fest is program section for enjoyable, family-centered all generation- music film.
– Films of every nationality, kind and duration, related to the music-themed subjects are eligible for submission.
– All submissions for JIMFF2022 must have been completed after 1 Jan 2020.
– Only feature-length films that have never been shown previously in Korea (at least Korean Premiere) will be considered for International Competition Section-World Music Film Today.
– The festival accepts feature films (over 60 minutes) and short films (less than 60 minutes).
– Selected films will be screened in their original version. If the dialogue of film is not in English, it MUST include English subtitles.
– The festival gives Cash Award.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 30th, 2022 (23:59 KST)
– Notification Date: July 31st, 2022
You can read the full Rules and Regulations here (this is also the submission link): http://entry.jimff.org/en/
We remind readers that the 18th Jecheon International Music & Film Festival will take place from August 11th – 16th, 2022 in Jecheon City, Korea.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry