The DMZ International Documentary Film Festival (Korea) is accepting international feature documentaries until May 11th, Korean feature documentaries and short documentaries (Korean and International) until June 8th; and Youth Documentaries June 17th, 2022.
About the festival:
DMZ Docs aims to inform through the documentary films the meaning and values of DMZ: peace, life, and communication. Furthermore, DMZ Docs as one of the leading and most dynamic documentary film festivals and a key industry hub in Asia, aims to showcase the best documentary films and support Korean and Asian filmmakers with funds and supporting programs at various different stages.
– For the International Competition, the festival accepts feature documentaries (over 60 mins) from all around the world including Korea and Asia.
– For the Asian Competition, the festival accepts feature documentaries (over 60 mins) made or produced by filmmaker(s) of Asian heritage or in Asia.
– For the Korean Competition, the festival accepts feature documentary films (over 60 mins) made or produced by filmmaker(s) or Korean heritage or in Korea.
– For the Short Competition, the festival accepts documentaries (under 60 mins) made or produced by Korean/Asian filmmaker(s) or in Korea/Asia.
– All documentaries should have been produced after January 1st, 2021
– Documentaries for Feature competition should have its Korean premiere.
– The final decision on the section to which a selected title belongs is made by DMZ Docs and the preliminary selection jury.
– DMZ Docs accepts the following screening formats: DCP, MOV ProRes 422 HQ, Mpeg4, Blu-ray. Physical film formats(16mm, 35mm) are not accepted.
– All non-English language films must be subtitled in English (burnt-in preferred).
– The festival gives cash awards.
– Submissions must be done ONLY via the festival’s official website (see below).
– Submission is completed only when the online screening link for preview is uploaded along with the entry form.
– The preview should be the same as the final screening version. If the final screening version differs from the submitted preview, the selection might be canceled.
– The materials for submission will not be returned.
– Final selections will be contacted individually, and the selected titles are not allowed to withdraw after being selected.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Foreign Feature Documentaries * – May 11th, 2022
* Foreign Short Documentaries * – June 8th, 2022
* Korean Feature Documentaries * – June 8th, 2022
* Korean Short Documentaries * – June 8th, 2022
* Youth Documentaries: June 17th, 2022
– Notification Date: July 2022.
To read the full Rules and Regulations please go here (this is also the submission link): http://entry.dmzdocs.com/en/addon/00000013/submission_intro.asp
We remind readers that the 14th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival will take place from September 22 – 29, 2022 in Goyang City and Paju City, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry