The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (United Sates) is accepting film until July 5th, 2022. *Only for Asian filmmakers*
About the festival:
Philadelphia Asian American Film & Filmmakers is a non-profit dedicated to supporting Asian & Pacific Islander (AAPI) diasporic* film and media makers. Their premiere event, The Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival (PAAFF), emphasizes artworks that are by, for, and about the Asian & Pacific Islander diaspora experience.
Now in its 15th year, PAAFF has grown to be the largest film festival celebrating Asian & Pacific Islander art on the U.S. East Coast and the third-largest in the nation. Since 2008, PAAFF is proud to have presented dozens of culturally relevant films to broad and diverse audiences through our main festival program each November and year-round screening series.
– Films should have at least one person of Asian & Pacific Islander descent in a key creative role (director, DP, producer, writer, actor, etc…) and/or are about the Asian & Pacific Islander diasporic experience in the United States and around the world.
– Festival accepts feature films (fiction or non-fiction) of any genre. Films should be at least 40 minutes and are expected to present at the festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise discussed.
– Festival accepts feature short films (fiction or non-fiction, including music videos, episodic, etc.). Films must be below 40 minutes and are expected to present at the festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise discussed.
– Films must have been completed in the last 2 years (2020 – 2021).
– All non-English language films (with dialogue) MUST have English subtitles. English-language films with subtitles are highly appreciated, but not required.
– The festival accepts films of all premiere statuses, including films that have distribution.
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
– Notification Date: September 19th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/PAAFF
We remind readers that the 14th Philadelphia Asian American Film Festival will take place from November 3rd – 13th, 2022 in Philadelphia, United States.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry