Dear Asian filmmakers, the Melbourne International Film Festival (Australia) is accepting short and feature films until February 28th, 2022.
About the festival:
Established in 1952, the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is one of the world’s oldest film festivals and the Southern Hemisphere’s largest. The Festival has a large, dedicated and growing audience with a well-established public profile as a major event on the Australian calendar.
General Rules (International filmmakers):
– Films must have been completed after 1 January 2021.
– The festival accepts short films (under 40 minutes) and feature films (over 40 minutes).
– Films must not have been (or will not be) broadcast on television or publicly screened, distributed or exhibited in a physical location within the state of Victoria, Australia, prior to 22 August 2022. The only exceptions to this requirement are for private screenings held for cast, crew or investors, and film-school graduation screenings.
– The festival only accepts online screeners.
– Films must be in their original language; if the original language is not English, subtitles in English must be provided.
– If a film has previously been submitted to MIFF, it is not eligible for submission to the 2022 Festival.
– Submission Fees:
* Feature Films – $ 100 USD ($ 90 USD – FilmFreeway Goldmembers)
* Short Films – $ 80 USD ($ 72 USD – FilmFreeway Goldmembers)
– Deadline: February 28th, 2022
– Notification Date: June 30th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the FULL Rules & Regulations here: https://miff.com.au/about/submissions/submission-regulations
We remind readers that the 70th Melbourne International Film Festival will take place from August 4th – 21st, 2022 in Melbourne, Australia.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply