The Women Make Waves International Film Festival (Taiwan) is accepting films until March 7th, 2022.
About the festival:
Established as a non-profit organization in 1993, Women Make Waves International Film Festival, has been one of the major film festivals in Taiwan and has established itself as the biggest one dedicated to supporting female talents. The Festival aims to celebrate the achievements of outstanding female talents, to explore different aspects of women’s lives as well as to promote equality and rights of all genders. By covering a wide range of genres, issues, and representations of women, the WMWFF seeks to promote great cinematic arts by female directors and to advocate gender equality through films with feminist consciousness and various subjects.
– The festival is open to all forms, styles, lengths, and formats. Anything related to LGBTQI communities, women issues and ideologies such as feminism and post-feminism, and current events around the world that reflects the status quo of women.
– The film submitted need to be directed at least by One FEMALE (including self-identifying female) Director.
– International films eligible for entry must be completed no earlier than March 1st, 2020 except the films related to the following theme, Appearance Anxiety, Digital Sexual Violence, and Music.
– Taiwan Premiere is required.
– The submitted films should be presented with English dialogue or in their original versions with English subtitles. We advise you to also subtitle films if they are spoken in English.
– Entrants must submit completed work. Works-in-progress are not accepted.
– Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are not eligible.
– Submissions are done via Film Freeway.
– Submission Fee: $ 10 USD
– Deadline: March 7th, 2022
– Notification Date: June 30th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/WomenMakeWavesFilmFestivalTaiwan
We remind readers that the 29th Women Make Waves International Film Festival will take place from October 14th – 23rd, 2022 in Taipei, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry