The Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival (US) is accepting films until January 1st, 2022. * Films must be principally made by and/or about Asian Pacific Islander individuals and communities around the world *
About the Festival:
Established in 1983, the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival is the largest film festival in Southern California dedicated to showcasing films by and about Asians & Pacific Islanders around the world.
– The festival accepts films and mediaworks that are principally made by and/or about Asian Pacific Islander individuals and communities around the world.
– All lengths and genres will be considered.
– Festival accepts Feature Films, Documentaries and Short Films.
– Feature films should be at least 41 minutes and is expected to be presented at the Festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise required.
– Short films should not exceed 40 minutes is expected to be presented at the Festival as a Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or as otherwise required.
– All submitted works should have been completed on or after January 1st, 2021.
– Invited entries in language(s) other than English must be subtitled in English.
– Recipients of the GOLDEN REEL AWARD for Narrative/Animation Short Film will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/Live Action Short Film category of the ACADEMY AWARDS® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy® rules.
– Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees:
* Narrative & Documentary Features: $ 45 USD
* Narrative & Documentary Shorts: $ 35 USD
* Indigenous Storytelling/Pacific Cinewaves Feature Films: $ 25 USD
* Indigenous Storytelling/Pacific Cinewaves Short Films: $ 20 USD
* Dance Short Film: $ 10 USD
* Children/Youth Short Film: $ 35 USD
– Deadlines: January 1st, 2022
– Notification Date: April 1st, 2022
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/laapff
We remind readers that the 38th Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival will take place from May 5th – 14th ,2022 in Los Angeles, California (USA).
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry