The Nippon Connection Japanese Film Festival (Germany) is accepting films until February 15th, 2022. * Only for Japanese Filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Nippon Connection Film Festival is the largest showcase of Japanese film worldwide and takes place in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The festival’s aim is to contribute to the development and promotion of Japanese film culture and it presents the whole range of innovative Japanese film art: blockbusters, dramas, animation and experimental films, documentaries as well as short films. Nippon Connection gives special attention to young and innovative talents and independent productions.
– The films participating must be produced in Japan or directed by a Japanese director.
– The festival accepts feature, shorts, documentary, experimental films and music videos and TV Series.
– Films for the Competition Sections (Nippon Cinema, Nippon Visions & Nippon Docs) should have a length of at least 60 minutes.
– Films must have been produced in 2021 or 2022.
– Films must have at least their German Premiere status at this festival.
– The festival accepts these screening formats: DCP, Blu-Ray and Quicktime (NTSC or PAL).
– The screenings material of all submitted films must have either English or German subtitles to be considered for the selection process.
– The festival gives Cash Awards to films in Competition.
– Submitters should complete the Submission Form from the link below.
– Submission Fee: None
– Deadline: February 15th, 2022
– Notification Date: April 23rd, 2022
We recommend reading the full Rules and Regulations here: https://nipponconnection.com/en/festival/entry-form/ (This is also the submission link)
We remind readers that the 22nd Nippon Connection Japanese Film Festival will take place from May 24th – 29th, 2022 in Frankfurt, Germany.
To see other Calls please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry
Leave a Reply