Dear Asian filmmakers/producers, the Doc Edge Film Festival (New Zealand) is accepting documentaries until January 15th, 2022.
About the festival:
Doc Edge is the home for storytelling that changes your world. Our kaupapa (mission) is to celebrate, support and showcase documentary. Doc Edge is an Academy Awards® qualifying festival for feature and short documentaries held annually in Auckland, Wellington and online. It seeks to select world and international premieres eligible for Academy Awards® contention.
It showcases the best films from New Zealand and around the world and is committed to selecting the highest quality films that show excellence in storytelling, celebrate diversity and inspire social change. Doc Edge is proud to be one of the leading film festivals within the Pacific and is keen to support filmmakers with Pacific content and subjects.
– Documentaries must be completed after June 1st, 2020.
– Documentaries must be at minimum New Zealand Premieres (i.e. cannot have been screened publicly in New Zealand at other festivals, theatrically, on broadcast, available on VOD/online, and/or any other public platform), with preference given to World and International Premieres.
– The submitting party (“the Submitter”) must have the authority to submit the film to Doc Edge and the exclusive rights (including all music clearance rights) to screen theatrically in New Zealand.
– The International Documentaries section accepts short docs (under 40 minutes) and feature docs (over 40 minutes).
– The New Zealand Documentaries section accepts short docs (under 40 minutes), feature docs (over 40 minutes), secondary student films (under 10 minutes), and tertiary student films (under 20 minutes).
– All non-English films must have English subtitles and where available closed captions. Dubbing is not acceptable.
– Submission fees and deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 15th, 2022
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DocEdgeFestival
We remind readers that the 16th Doc Edge Film Festival will take place online and onsite from June 2nd – July 10th, 2022 in Auckland & Wellington, New Zealand.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry