The Mini Film Festival (Malaysia) is accepting short films until June 16th, 2021. *Only for Malaysian filmmakers & students*
About the festival:
Mini Film Festival is the longest running short film festival in Malaysia annually held by the Cinematography Programme, Faculty of Applied and Creative Arts, University Malaysia Sarawak. This ever-flourishing film festival is now stepping into its 17th year with the support of many passionate individuals.
As a means of creative expression that draws heavily from reality, portraying scenarios that reflect the everyday struggles and aspirations of the lives of viewers, film plays an important role as a medium of entertainment, information and education and as a catalyst for social change. This is even truer with the impacts brought by the enduring pandemic changing the political-socio-economic dynamics worldwide. The role of filmmakers in interpreting, documenting and discerning the dynamics and changes happening in time of crisis is undoubtedly needed. Thus, with the theme of this year’s 17th Mini Film Festival “In Time of Crisis”, let’s explore the infinite possibilities of inspirations that films could bring to us.
– Entries must be in digital format.
– All films must have been produced after January 1st, 2019.
– The duration of film (Running time includes end credits) accepted is not above 40 minutes.
– Participants may work in groups or submit entries as individuals.
– The Open Category accepts films from Malaysian filmmakers, who hold any of the following roles during the production of the submitted film(s): Producer, Director, Assistant Director, Scriptwriter, Cinematographer, Production Designer, Location Audio/ Sound Crew, Sound Designer, and/ or Editor.
– The Students Category accepts films from Malaysian citizenship who are currently enrolled in higher learning institutions, Malaysia or elsewhere, are eligible to participate.
– The location of production can be anywhere in the world, so long so one of the crew (role mentioned above) in the film is holding the Malaysian citizenship.
– All content that is submitted in language(s) other than English is required to have English subtitles included.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: June 16th, 2021
– Notification Date: July 17th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/MiniFilmFestival
We remind readers that the 17th Mini Film Festival will take place online from July 17th – 25th, 2021 in Kota Samarahan, Malaysia.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry