The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (Korea) is accepting movies until May 16th, 2021. Here you can find more information about their Call for Entry.
About the festival:
The Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (SIWFF) is a unique and influential event presenting new values and the alternatives from a feminist perspective among Korean international film festivals. The festival contributes to the development of women’s positive values and plays an essential role establishing a network between Asian and the other countries. SIWFF provides the ways to promote and exhibit Korean women’s films abroad by discovering and supporting women in film industry. It also helps Korean film industry develop and have diversity. Forming future-oriented, alternative culture, SIWFF contributes to the development of the balanced Korea culture to improve Korean national image.
– The festival accepts films by directors, regardless of gender. BUT for the competition sections, only female directors and/or co-directors by female and male directors are eligible to submit.
– Films that present various aspects of life from a woman’s perspective or provide insight into gender issues.
– All genres including fiction, documentary, animation and experimental films can be accepted.
– Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2020.
– The festival accepts feature films (above 40 minutes) and short films (below 40 minutes).
– The International Competition is for 1st and 2nd feature films by female directors from around the world. Films can be fiction, documentaries, animations, and experimental films.
– The Official Asian Shorts Competition section is for short films by female directors with Asian national or ethnical identity. Films can be fiction, documentaries, animations, and experimental films.
– I-Teens section is for short films created by teenage female directors from South Korea.
– Feminist Collectives is for films and/or video projects created by various feminist communities from South Korea.
– In case of non-English films, the screeners without English subtitle will be accepted when submitted but English subtitle must be inserted on the print after your film is selected.
– Submissions must be done through the online entry system at the festival’s official website (see link below).
– The festival gives Cash Awards to the Winners.
– Submission Fee: Free
– Deadline: May 16th, 2021 (KST 24:00)
– Notification Date: July 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: RULES AND REGULATIONS
We remind readers that the 23rd Seoul International Women’s Film Festival will take place from August 26th until September 1st, 2021 in Seoul, South Korea.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry