The Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (United States) is accepting film until July 19th, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian Filmmakers*
About the festival:
The Tasveer South Asian Film Festival (TSAFF) is the largest South Asian film festival in the United States and one of the two largest in the world. TSAFF takes place annually in the beautiful Pacific Northwest city of Seattle in Washington State and its surrounding cities.
In 2020, Tasveer’s 15th year, the COVID-19 pandemic had placed an unprecedented strain on the world and the arts community. In response to the pandemic, Tasveer led the Coalition of South Asian Film Festivals (CoSAFF). CoSAFF was a first of its kind event that brought together seven well-established South Asian institutions from across North America. The virtual festival ran for 15 days, presenting online screenings of thought-provoking films & forums on South Asia and its diaspora, to engage viewers in dialogue on the issues of human rights, social/political/economic justice, and representation.
In 2021, our 16th year, Tasveer South Asian Film Festival will have a hybrid film festival with in-person and online screenings.
– All works must be related to South Asia and/or its Diaspora. This includes films made by filmmakers of South Asian origin, as well as those by non-South Asian filmmakers that focus on a South Asian theme.
– The festival accepts short films (under 40 minutes), feature films (over 40 minutes), docs (over 40 minutes, web series, music videos, VR/360 films, experimental films, and animations.
– All works must have been released in 2019 and after.
– All work must preferably be a Seattle premiere.
– We prefer Washington State premieres, though not required.
– To be eligible for a student film submission, either school name must be in the credits or filmmaker must be currently enrolled in school.
– Films already available online will only be selected in exceptional cases as determined by the selection committee. In general, we do not screen films that are already available online.
– Films that are not in English must have English subtitles.
– Submissions must be done via FilmFreeway (See link below).
– Submission Fees and Deadlines:
* There are discounts for FilmFreeway’s Gold Members
– Notification Dates: August 17th, 2021
For submitting to the festival and read the full rules and regulations please go to this link: https://filmfreeway.com/TSAFF
We remind readers that the 16th Tasveer South Asian Film Festival will take place from October 1st – 31st, 2021 in Seattle (Washington), United States.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry