The DMZ International Documentary Film Festival (Korea) is accepting international feature documentaries until May 17th, and Korean feature documentaries and short documentaries (Korean and International) until June 18th.
DMZ International Documentary Film Festival (DMZ Docs) aims to promote ‘peace, life and communication,’ the values represented by the site of DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) in Korean Peninsula, through arts in documentary form. As one of the leading international documentary film festivals in Asia, DMZ Docs introduces a wide range of documentaries from Korea and abroad and provides a platform for the filmmakers and industry professionals to meet and find better opportunities.
– For the International Competition, the festival accepts feature documentaries (over 60 mins) from all over the world.
– For the Asian Competition, the festival accepts feature documentaries (over 60 mins) made by Asian filmmakers and/or produced in Asia.
– For the Korean Competition, the festival accepts feature documentaries (over 60 minutes).
– For the Short Competition, the festival accepts documentaries (under 60 mins) made by Korean/Asian filmmaker(s) or produced by Korean/Asian(s).
– All documentaries should have been produced after January 1st, 2020.
– For all categories the films should Premiere at the DMZ 2021.
– DMZ Docs ONLY accepts the following screening formats: DCP, MOV ProRes 422 HQ, Mpeg4, Blu-ray, HDCAM(HDV). NO 16 mm or 35 mm.
– All non-English language films must be subtitled in English (burnt-in preferred).
– The festival gives cash awards.
– Submissions must be done ONLY via the festival’s official website (see below).
– Submission is completed only when the online screening link for preview is uploaded along with the entry form.]
– The preview should be the same as the final screening version. If the final screening version differs from the submitted preview, the selection might be canceled.
– The materials for submission will not be returned.
– Final selections will be contacted individually, and the selected titles are not allowed to withdraw after being selected.
– Submission Fee: FREE
* Foreign Feature Documentaries * – May 17th, 2021 (17:00 KST)
* Foreign Short Documentaries * – June 18th, 2021 (17:00 KST)
* Korean Feature Documentaries * – June 18th, 2021 (17:00 KST)
* Korean Short Documentaries * – June 18th, 2021 (17:00 KST)
– Notification Date: end July 2021.
To read the full Rules and Regulations & submit please go here: http://entry.dmzdocs.com/en/addon/00000013/submission_intro.asp
We remind readers that the 13th DMZ International Documentary Film Festival will take place from September 9th – 16th, 2020 in Goyang City and Paju City, Gyeongii Province, Korea.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry