The Storiculture Company (India) is accepting applications for the 1st Producerland, a Learning and Network Development Program for Film Producers from South Asia until February 15th, 2021. Fifteen film producers will be selected for an immersive learning exposure and mentoring by a Global Panel of over 40 Experts, to facilitate enhancement of their skills, potential and global networking opportunities.
ProducerLAND 2021 shall offer a 4-month learning exposure with three distinct program modules — comprising of a 2-week Residency in Goa, followed by two online sessions spanning a week each, which shall be customised to the specific needs of the Participating Producers.
The Residency (In GOA)
March 22nd – April 2nd, 2021
As a part of this 2-week immersive residency comprising of 7 immersive learning modules, Participants shall interact with over 40 Global Experts and Guest Faculty members.
These modules shall cover the entire journey of film producing, from project development, through co-production, to marketing and release. They shall contain multiple contemporary case studies and expert insights on global content trends, audience affinity, OTT-development, Pitch & GTM strategies, experience learnings from journeys in Asia and SE Asia, as well as, best-practices in post-production to ensure global quality.
The Focus | Online
April 20th – April 24th, 2021
The Participants shall be offered to select elective online modules. Post completion of the residency module, they shall receive an immersive online mentorship, customized to their individual areas of interest and preferred specialisation categories.
They shall choose from the listed modules—
* Non-Fiction Production
* Co-productions Level-II
* Content Development for Episodic Series
* Multimodal Storytelling
The Pitch | Online
June 14th – June 18th, 2021
In this final module, Participants shall apply their learnings from earlier modules in creating and delivering an online pitch, on a project of their choice, to a closed group of expert professionals from the industry. Select Participants shall also receive a fast track to the Storiculture Accelerator later in the year.
All ProducerLAND Participants shall become a member of an active producers’ alumni and shall have on-going access to Storiculture’s Global Network of Film and Content Expertise. This would mean access to international buyers, producers, mentors, first-look opportunities with projects, fast-track to the Storiculture Accelerator, as well as, other specialised workshops, webinars and development programs.
– Only producers who are resident of any country from South Asian region may apply or has producing credits in 1 feature film or 1 TV/Web-show or 2 Short Films from South Asian region.
– If an applicant does not have any past producing credits, then may showcase an existing/ wip project. Exceptions will vary on a case by case basis, depending on the profile of the applicant & submission.
How to apply:
– Submit a written application, which shall be evaluated based on past work, motivation, aspiration and potential in the context of producing Native-for-Global Film & Content projects.
– And there will be an interview round, where each of our 30 pre-selected applicants shall have one-on-one sessions of 45 minutes with the program director.
There is NO APPLICATION FEE but if you got selected you have to pay the participation fee of INR 125,000 ($1713 USD). The fee is inclusive of full board accommodation, but excludes the participant’s travel to GOA expenses. The fee is inclusive of a lifetime access to Storiculture’s networking community of Native-for-Global expertise. And select participants shall receive a further scholarship based on merit.
– Application Deadline – February 15th, 2021 at 11:59 IST
– Preselection Announcements – February 26th, 2021
– Interview-Preselected applicants – March 1st – 5th, 2021
– Final Announcement – March 8th, 2021
– Residency Workshop – March 22nd, 2021
– Second Module (Online) – April 20th – 24th, 2021
– Third Module (Online) – June 14th – 18th, 2021
For further questions you can read the Q&A section here: https://www.thestoriculturecompany.com/producerland-faq – Or send an email to celineandteam(at)thestoriculturecompany.com
You can read more about this project here: https://www.thestoriculturecompany.com
Categories: Call for Entry