The Sapporo International Short Film Festival & Market (Japan) is accepting short films until May 2nd, 2021. Read more about their call here.
About the festival:
The Sapporo International Short Film Festival continues to attract between 2800 and 3500 entries per year across all genres cementing its reputation as one of Japan and Asia`s largest and most respected showcases of short form cinema. The festival offers one of the best opportunities available for filmmakers looking to expose their creative works to large audiences and to submit for appraisal by high profile international jury members in the heart of the burgeoning Asian transnational film scene.
Since its inception in 2006, the festival has received more than 35,000 entries from 141 countries and boasts an average annual festival audience of more than 10,000 film enthusiasts. The high volume of entries each year allows for the curation of an extensive and diverse array of programs of both Japanese and International films of the highest quality in various competitive categories. Selected films are professionally showcased, subtitled in Japanese, and screened in state of the art cinema surrounds.
– Short Films must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
– Short Films shouldn’t exceed 30 minutes including credits.
– The Festival accepts all genres, including music video.
– If the dialogue language is not English, preview copy and screening film must be subtitled in English.
– No premiere status required in Japan and accept web streamed shorts as well.
– All submissions will be registered to the short film market.
– All international, non-japanese productions films should submit via FilmFreeway.
– Screening formats Appe ProRes or H.264, No DCP.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: July 31st, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://sapporoshortfest.jp/blogs/festivalupdate/2021/02/call-for-entries.html
We remind readers that the 16th Sapporo International Short Film Festival & Market will take place online and on site from October 13th – 30th, 2021 in Sapporo, Japan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry