The Women Make Waves Film Festival (Taiwan) is accepting films until February 25th, 2021. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
Established as a non-profit organization in 1993, Women Make Waves Int’l Film Festival, has been one of the major film festivals in Taiwan and has established itself as the biggest one dedicated to supporting female talents. The Festival aims to celebrate the achievements of outstanding female talents, to explore different aspects of women’s lives as well as to promote equality and rights of all genders. By covering a wide range of genres, issues, and representations of women, the WMWFF seeks to promote great cinematic arts by female directors and to advocate gender equality through films with feminist consciousness and various subjects.
– The films submitted need to be directed at least by one female director.
– Films should have been completed after March 1st, 2019.
– The festival accepts all kind of films of any length and open to all kind of subjects.
– Submissions is open to features and shorts. Documentaries, narratives, animations, experimental films.
– Films that address the following issues are preferred and highly welcome: Queer films, new currents and women issues.
– The films submitted must be Taiwan Premiere.
– Entrants must submit completed work. Works-in-progress are not accepted.
– For submission, the submitted films should be presented with English dialogue or in their original versions with English subtitles. We advise you to also subtitle films if they are spoken in English which is hard to grasp for non-native speakers, i.e. an accent or slang.
– Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are not eligible.
– Submissions are done via Film Freeway.
– Submission Fees $: 10 USD
– Deadline: February 25th, 2021
– Notification Date: June 30th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/WomenMakeWavesFilmFestivalTaiwan
We remind readers that the 28th Women Make Waves Film Festival will take place from October 15th – 24th, 2021 in Taipei, Taiwan.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call For Entries”
Categories: Call for Entry