The Doc Edge Festival (New Zealand) is accepting documentaries until January 31st, 2021. Here you will find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The festival’s objective is to promote documentary, create healthy audience appreciation for documentary and make New Zealand a documentary destination on the world stage. The Festival includes Gala Film Awards, Q&A sessions with filmmakers, Doc Talks, Docs 4 Schools, special events and Story Edge World Exhibition – a showcase of documentary interactive digital projects. Screen Edge Forum, an industry conference, is held during the Festival. The Forum brings together local and overseas filmmakers/industry to share, network and learn from each other. It also includes the annual Doc Pitch, a pitching forum for feature-length, short and TV series documentary projects.
– Films must be completed after January 1st, 2020.
– Must be at minimum New Zealand Premieres with preference is given to World Premieres.
– The submitting party (“the Submitter”) must have the authority to submit the film to Doc Edge and the exclusive rights (including all music clearance rights) to screen theatrically the film in New Zealand.
– The festival accepts short docs (below 40 minutes) and feature docs (above 40 minutes).
– A film can only qualify as a New Zealand doc when: at least one key crew member (director or producer) is a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident or when more than 50% of its funding is from New Zealand.
– All non-English films must have English subtitles and were available closed captions. Dubbing is not acceptable.
– Incomplete entries will not be accepted.
– Submissions must be done via Film Freeway.
– Submission Fees & Deadlines:
– Notification Date: April 15th, 2021
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules & Regulations here: https://filmfreeway.com/DocEdgeFestival
We remind readers that the 16th Doc Edge Festival will take place online and onsite from May 27th – June 27th, 2021 in Auckland & Wellington, New Zealand.
To see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry