The International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (Malaysia) will be accepting films until May 31st, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
The International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival (KLEFF) is Malaysia’s homegrown environmental film festival for the past 12 years. Conceptualised and organised by a not-for-profit environmental organisation, EcoKnights, the Festival is a platform to facilitate the building of a nation of ecologically conscious businesses, individuals, and communities through on-ground activities and film screenings focused on critical environmental issues and stories such as pollution, transboundary haze, indigenous people’s rights, wildlife protection, nuclear energy, climate change, sustainable food production, waste management, local environmental heroes and more.
Returning from 2019 with a stronger theme on climate change – ‘Climate (in)Justice’, KLEFF seeks for thought-provoking films that inspire and empower people not only in climate change but also on a myriad of worldwide environmental topics.
– The festival accepts Feature Documentaries (+45 min.), Short Films & Documentaries (5 to 45 min.), Animations (3 to 60 minutes) and Public Service Announcements (1 to 4 minutes).
– Films should cover climate change and environmental topics, but can certainly overlap with social, economic, spiritual, or other themes.
– The festival gives Cash Awards.
– Films should have English subtitles.
– Although there is no indication as for the production year requirement. We advise filmmakers to send movies produced in the last 2 years.
– Malaysian Filmmakers can submit their movies directly to the KLEFF website (https://kleff.my), International Filmmakers have to submit via FilmFreeway.
– Submission Fees:
– Deadline: May 31st, 2020
– Notification Date: June 19th, 2020
We remind readers that the 13th International Kuala Lumpur Eco Film Festival will take place from October 8th – 11th, 2020 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: call for entry