The Binisaya Film Festival (Philippines) is accepting short films from until June 12th, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry.
About the festival:
Founded by local filmmakers and established in 2009, the Binisaya Film Festival aims to develop a uniquely Cebuano sensibility by providing a venue to showcase Bisaya films and Global Cinema unfettered by commercial constraints. BINISAYA has also maintained its status over the years as a hotbed for discussion over the direction of Cebuano films and its place in the world by inviting industry luminaries such as RA Rivera, John Torres, Richard Bolisay, Jade Castro, Teddy Co and Ramon Bautista to name a few. BINISAYA has also showcased works from neighboring Asian countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Afghanistan through the Asian shorts competition. The festival itself has travelled through pop-up screenings all over the country—schools, cinematheques, posh coffee shops, barangay basketball courts, under bridge communities, etc.
General Rules (for non-Filipino filmmakers):
– The Call is open to Student and non-student works.
– The festival accepts narrative films, experimental films, documentaries, animations and other forms of cinema that you invented.
– Films must be made within October 2019 to June 2020.
– English subtitles are required.
– Films should not exceed 30-minute mark.
– Send the highest possible format (preferably .mp4) and resolution (preferably HD or higher) of your film.
– Submissions must be done via Film Freeway (link below).
– Submission Fee: $ 20 USD
– Deadline: June 12th, 2020.
– Notification Date: August 1st, 2020.
To submit to the festival please follow this link: https://filmfreeway.com/binisaya
We remind readers that the Binisaya Film Festival usually takes place on October in Cebu City, Philippines.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.
Categories: Call for Entry