The Asian Film Awards is accepting films until May 31st, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for Asian filmmakers*
About the Awards:
In 2013, three main Asian film festivals – Busan, Hong Kong and Tokyo – joined together to create the non-profit organization, the Asian Film Awards Academy to promote and develop Asian cinema and its talents. The AFA Academy highlights, strengthens and develops Asian film industry and culture through the annual Asian Film Awards, and several year-round initiatives including strategies for building regional and international audiences.
Members of the AFA Academy are drawn from all past nominees and winners of the Asian Film Awards. Members vote for the Asian Film Awards and also participate in various AFA Academy activities involving film professionals and audiences in Asia and around the world.
Since 2015, the AFA Academy has been presenting events and activities including the Masterclass Series, Journey to the Fest – Student Visits to Film Festivals, Asian Cinerama – Film Roadshows and Young Film Professionals Program. With dedicated efforts emy’s film festival and cultural partners, it has been fulfilling its mission to promote, educate, inform and develop knowledge, skills and interest in Asian cinema among the industry, students and audiences in Asia and beyond. Our past partners include the Edinburgh (UK), Pacific Meridian (Russia), Quezon City (Philippines), Cambodia, Kyoto.
– Films must be feature length with a running time exceeding 60 minutes.
– Films must be 35 mm film or digital cinema format suitable for exhibition in commercial cinemas.
– Films must be fiction films in the Asian Region.
– They must contain English subtitles in the case of non-English language work.
– Films must be exhibited in theaters in the Asian region(s) between January 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020 and/or have received theatrical release and distribution in at least one Asian territory; or have premiered at international film festival(s); or have received national film awards.
– Submissions must be done via the official website of the Awards (see link below).
– Submission Fees: Bank transfer inside Hong Kong HKD 900 (approx.. USD 115) | Bank transfer outside Hong Kong USD 150 (approx.. HKD 1,170).
– Deadline: May 31st, 2020.
To apply for the Awards please follow this link: http://www.afa-academy.com/post?id=475
We remind readers that the 14th Asian Film Awards will take place on October 2nd, 2020 in Busan, South Korea.
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.