The SeaShorts Film Festival (Malaysia) is accepting short films until April 30th, 2020. Here you can find more information about their call for entry. *Only for directors from Southeast Asia*
About the festival:
The SeaShorts Film Festival is an annual celebration of Southeast Asian short film, comprising screenings, forums, workshops, exhibitions, and other creative endeavors from guests across the region. Founded by award-winning filmmaker Tan Chui Mui in 2017, it has grown into a permanent fixture on the calendars of cinema professionals and enthusiasts alike.
Since its inaugural edition, SeaShorts has showcased 375 short films and travelled to three different cities in Malaysia. Among the names that have been members of the competition jury include Rithy Panh (Cambodia), Philip Cheah (Singapore), Pimpaka Towira (Thailand), Mira Lesmana (Indonesia), and Sharifah Amani (Malaysia).
– The director(s) and producer(s) must be from Southeast Asia. Malaysian directors will be automatically eligible for the Next New Wave Award.
– The short film should be completed after July 1st, 2019.
– Country of production: Southeast Asian countries (fulfilled by at least two of these: film locations, main cast, or funding).
– Film duration should not be more than 20 minutes, including credits.
– There are individual awards for specific crafts e.g. Best Cinematography, Best Performance. For your film to be eligible for these sub-categories, the person responsible for the role must be from Southeast Asia.
– Submission Fee: FREE
– Deadline: April 30th, 2020
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://tinyurl.com/yx4pw3p4 (Use this link to submit your film)
We remind readers that the 4th SeaShorts Film Festival will take place on August 25th to 30th in Ipoh, Malaysia
Too see other Call for Entries please follow the next link: “Call for Entries”.